Claire is a Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon with a particular interest in the prevention, diagnosis and modern management of venous disease. Claire is passionate about health and wellbeing and recognises its role not only in disease prevention but also in achieving optimal quality of life. Claire is in Private Practice at Epworth Hospital in Richmond and also operates at Epworth in Hawthorn.
Claire obtained her Medical Degree from the University of Melbourne in 1995 and her Vascular Fellowship from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2007. Claire has nearly 20 years’ experience in the Public Hospital Sector and has been in Private Practice since 2008.
Claire has served on the Board of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. Claire is also a member of the Australia and New Zealand Society for Vascular Surgery, the Australia and New Zealand Society of Phlebology, the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand and is the Australian National Representative for the Association of International Vascular Surgeons.
Claire is a frequently invited speaker at National Conferences, trainer of Vascular Trainees at their Annual Skills training course in Brisbane, trainer of doctors at the annual Westmead Phlebology meeting and regularly teaches visiting doctors in her practice. Claire is frequently invited to sit on Scientific Committees for the organisation of conferences. Claire is an Honorary Fellow of the University of Melbourne, teaches medical students on a regular basis and is a member of the Academy of Surgical Educators.
Claire is committed to providing exceptional service to achieve patient desired outcomes. This is achieved through careful consideration of the patient’s needs and concerns, keen attention to detail and a holistic approach, the use of proven technology and the work of a highly skilled team of doctors, nurses, sonographers and administration staff.
Please enjoy viewing this video of the successful win of Dr Campbell debating with co-debater, Dr. Peter Gloviczki, who was President of the Society for Vascular Surgery (SVS), the World Federation of Vascular Societies, American Venous Forum (AVF), Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery (SCVS) and current editor of the Journal of Vascular Surgery Publications.
Dr Campbell was the convenor of the ANZSVS (Australia and New Zealand Society for Vascular Surgery) section of the international meeting of L'Union Internationale de Phlébologie (UIP), held in Melbourne.
Dr Campbell is also fully qualified in Functional Medicine and always endeavours to practise what she preaches!
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, University of Melbourne.
- Vascular Fellowship from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
- IFMCP Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner
- GAICD Graduate Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Vascular).
- Member of the Australia and New Zealand Society for Vascular Surgery.
- Australian National Representative for the Association of International Vascular Surgeons.
- Honorary Fellow of the University of Melbourne.
- Fellow of the Institute for Functional Medicine
- Member Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Previous Councillor Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
- VMO Epworth Hospital.
- Medical Director The Vein Centre, Vascular Imaging Centre, Vascular Health Group.
Additional Professional Activities and Contributions
- Speaker at National and International Conferences.
- Section Convenor (ANZSVS) UIP International Conference.
- Trainer of doctors and Presenter at the annual Westmead Phlebology meeting.
- Trainer of Vascular Trainees at their Annual Skills training course in Brisbane.
- Contributor and Chapter Editor Australian Therapeutic Guidelines Ulcer and Wound.